Mercedes-Benz: EQS 580 first-ever ‘Made in India’ luxury electric car
Country’s largest luxury car maker Mercedes-Benz India recently launched the first luxury electric car fully manufactured in India. The EQS 580 4 Matic is the 14th ‘Made in India’ Mercedes-Benz model with a cost of just 1.55 crore, or 15.5 million, rupees. It is a perfect blend of technology, luxury, and safety, pioneering numerous tech features for the customers. Here is all you need to know about the first-ever ‘Made in India’ luxury EV.
- The EQS 580 is Mercedes-Benz’s first-ever locally manufactured (assembled) EV in India.
- As per Mercedes, EQS 580 offers a range of up to 857 kms in a single charge. It has a battery unit of 107.8 kWh powered by two electric motors on either side of the axle. The combined output of the motors is 855 Nm torque and 523 bhp power.
- The car has a limited top speed of 210kmph and can sprint from 0 to 100kmph in just 4 seconds. It has a system which supports DC fast charging of 200kW.
- Mercedes Benz EQS 580 features include a 56-inch MBUX hyper screen with assimilation of three screens, including a passenger display, central infotainment, and driver display.
- The model is also equipped with other features such as 3D maps, a heads-up display, a massage function for the front seats, a Burmester 3D sound system, air filtration system, and an MBUX tablet for the rear seat passengers.
- The model also gets aerodynamically designed five-spoke 20-inch alloy wheels.