Bananas: Health benefits, tips and Nutritional Facts
A banana a day keeps bloating, gas, and constipation away. A nutritional breakdown per 100 grams reveals: it contains 0.3 grams total fat, zero cholesterol, 1 mg salt, about 360 mg potassium, 2.6 grams dietary fiber, 12 grams sugar, and 1.1 grams protein.
You can have it as a fruit by itself, you can turn it into a milkshake, you can also make a sabzi out of it, or fry banana slices for chips. You can also add it to halwa or bake a cake with it. Check for some incredible benefits to include the fruit in your diet:
- High Fiber Content: The fiber content keeps you full for a longer time without worrying of the next meal.
- Heart Health: Bananas lower the risk of heart diseases.
- Ease in Digestion: The sour taste stimulates the digestive juices, thereby supporting digestion.
- Powerhouse of Nutrients: The fruit is rich in vitamins and minerals needed for good health.
- High source of Potassium: The potassium content helps to keep heart and brain healthy.
- Blood Pressure: The low salt content regulates high blood pressure. But consult your doctor before adding it to your diet.
- Helps Fight Anemia: They are good for those suffering from anemia for a high iron content.
- Cure skin diseases: Banana peel is a great remedy for treating skin diseases.
- Whitens teeth: Gently rubbing the peel for about 2 minutes gives white and bright teeth