The young ‘Hula Hoop girl’
A hula hoop is a toy hoop that is twirled around the waist, limbs, or neck. Hula hooping is a great exercise for your abs, and is also played to have fun with friends.
Hula hoops for children generally measure approximately 28 inches (71 cm) in diameter, while those for adults measure around 40 inches (1.0 m). Older hoops were made from various materials, including metal, bamboo, wood, grass, and sometimes even vines. Today, they are usually made of plastic tubing.
Panchkula-based Vaishnavi Gupta, who is known as ‘Google Girl’ has now become the ‘Hula Hoop Girl. The 9-year-old has made a world record of rotating hula hoop around her waist 190 times in a minute, that too by standing on just one leg. The ‘Triumph World Records’ has acknowledged the remarkable accomplishment and the record got registered on May 13, 2020.
You too can have fun, hula hooping in these simple steps.
How to Hula hoop
- Put the athletic clothing.
- Put the hula hoop on the ground.
- Step inside the hoop.
- Move your hands toward the edges of the hoop.
- Bring the hula hoop up to your waist level.
- Grip the hoop firmly with two hands.
- Spin the hoop.
- Start to move your waist in a circular motion.
- Continue spinning the hoop.
- Expect the hoop to fall the first few tries as you get used to the motion.
- Have fun!
Advanced Hula Hooping
- Learn how to recover a falling hoop.
- Master some more hula-hooping skills.