The updated version features:
- Change in the way the platform would process the user data.
- Information exchanged with Facebook and the group of companies includes improvement in infrastructure and delivery systems, safety and security, service experiences with relevant offers and ads across the Facebook products.
- The app collects new information around from your device such as battery level, signal strength, app version, browser information, mobile network, connection information, language and time zone, IP address, device operations information, and identifiers for a better experience. These were not mentioned in the previous policy.
- WhatsApp also uses Facebook’s global infrastructure and data centres, including those in the United States to store user data.
- An updated way of businesses to use Facebook to store and manage chats on WhatsApp.
- Some examples given of WhatsApp-Facebook integration are the ability to pay for products on WhatsApp using Facebook Pay, which is available in the US.