Indian Army’s New Combat Uniform Unveiled
The Indian Army celebrated its 74th Army Day on January 15, 2022, this year. On the occasion, the Indian Army unveiled a new combat dress that is comfortable, climate friendly, and features a digital disruptive pattern. A contingent of commandos of Parachute regiment, wearing the new uniform, took part in the Army Day parade that was conducted at the Cariappa ground.
Here’s everything you need to know.
- The new combat uniform has been designed in collaboration with the National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) after the specifications were shared by the Indian Army.
- The new uniform has a digital pattern similar to that of the US Army.
- The uniform is more comfortable, and it would be worn in all types of terrains.
- The shirt in the new dress does not have to be tucked in the trouser.
- The new camouflage dress, which features a mix of colors including earthen and olive, has been designed taking into considerations aspects like area of deployment of the troops and climatic conditions in which they operate.
- The changes have been introduced to the uniform to make it more comfortable for women as well.
- The new uniforms would not be available in the open market.
- For the first time in its history, the Army Day parade witnessed uniforms, and weapons of different era, going back to even pre-Independence times.
- The contingent of Indian army troops will also march sporting the new uniforms at the Republic Day parade.